AN UPDATE FOR OUR PATRONS:
We are still here for you!
There have been many questions about library services, and we wanted to provide an update. If you’re reading this and know of someone without Facebook or an internet connection, please share this information:
Our building is not open to the public, but the staff at the Melvindale Public Library are still at their desks and waiting to help. There are several services that can’t be offered now, but staff will be happy to help direct patrons to what you need over the phone or through email.
- The library is currently offering curbside pickup for books, CDs, DVDs and other library materials. You can call or go to the online catalogue to reserve items.
- We are also offering printing from our email up to 10 pages a day for free.
- You can sign up for a library card by filling out the form on the upper right side of this page.
- Downloadable books and audiobooks are available through the Libby. Libby is free to use with your library card.
Computer use, faxing, copying, and scanning are NOT available currently, but we are happy to direct you to other places where these can be done.
We want to continue to serve our community any way we can. Even though you can’t walk up to the circulation desk, please continue to call, email, or even send messages on Facebook with any questions you might have. More information and instructions can be found throughout our website.
We promise to keep providing updates about the extensive construction at the library and any future services offered. We look forward to the day we can welcome our patrons back inside. Until then, we wish everyone health and safety through this uncertain time.
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE # (313) 429-1090
Monday – Closed
Tuesday 1pm – 6pm
Wednesday 11am – 4pm
Thursday 1pm – 6pm
Friday – Closed
Saturday – 11am – 4pm
Sunday – Closed.
Melvindale-Northern Allen Park schools are offering FREE adult ESL classes for Spanish and Arabic speakers!
- Arabic speaking classes are Wednesday evenings from 4-6pm . (Separate classes are available for men and women).
- Spanish speaking classes are Thursday 4-6pm
- All classes are virtual until further notice.
Please click on the link below to complete the registration:
If you are looking for books, or your child needs a book for school, you can fill out this FORM. Library staff will select some books to place on hold for you and we will give you a call when they are ready for pick up.