Virtual Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Sign up either through this FORM or call the library at 313-429-1090 by October 17th. Eligible participants for the contest are children in grades K-12. Pre-schoolers may request a pumpkin and submit a picture but are not eligible for the prize.
- Pick up the pumpkins beginning October 17th through curbside. Call the library when you are in the parking lot and we will put your pumpkins on the table outside the entrance nearest the parking lot.
- Pumpkins can be decorated using material around your house, such as magazines, tissue paper, noodles and crayons. We are unable to supply markers, paint or glue, but we can supply a limited number of decorating materials of which colors will be chosen randomly.
- Submit a picture of each pumpkin separately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include child’s name, grade, and a phone number. Pictures should be submitted by October 24th so there will be time for voting.
- We will give each pumpkin a number and post the pictures on the Melvindale Public Library Facebook Page. The community can then vote for a pumpkin in each category by grades K-5, 6-8 and High School.
- One winner will be chosen from each category and will be announced on Halloween!
If you are looking for books, or your child needs a book for school, you can fill out this FORM. Library staff will select some books to place on hold for you and we will give you a call when they are ready for pick up.